Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4

So, its week four already I can not believe it! Time goes so fast after chemo. When I was still in active treatment it seemed like time went so slow. Probably because I dreaded every other Friday more than anything in the world. I wish my hair would just grow already. The waiting game is irritating but they say good things come to those who wait! I was also thinking about what to do with all my wigs the other day once this is all over. I think I will definitely keep the one that I wore the most, but I just do not know about the other two. Life throws curveballs every now and again so I can never know who will need them in the future. But no one in my family has long brown curly hair! Maybe I will go to Rainbows Children's in Akron in a few months to see if any girls' hair there matches the wigs I have.

ANYWHO. I have a few things I have been doing to try and speed up the process. I take hair, skin and nail vitamins twice a day. Also I use a shampoo/conditioner called Nioxin. My mom's friend from work said she knew someone with breast cancer that used it and saw progress. It's not designed to actually make your hair grow per say, but it is supposed to clean your scalp and provide an optimal place for hair to grow. I mean my hair is growing kind of as you will see in the pictures. But I'm not sure if it is due to the Nioxin or what. I still use it though just incase =]

My stepdad bought my mom, my sisters and I a day at the spa, and when I was there I asked what else I could be doing to get  my hair to grow and they said Biotin? So that may also help too.

Just as a side note- I am so glad that I got diagnosed in the fall. Being able to wear hats throughout the winter time is so nice. I don't know what I would do if I had to deal with this nonsense during the summer!  So if you get cancer I recommend getting diagnosed around August or September... HAHA just kidding.

my vitamins, which smell terrible by the way
you can get them at any health food store probably. I went to a place called Earth Fare, or probably somewhere like Mustard Seed or GNC would have the same type of thing.

my shampoo and conditioner that may or not be working haha

peach fuzzin

its tryinggggggg!

No comments:

Post a Comment